Thursday, March 26, 2015

#throwbackthursday

This is a #TBT to my first Newfoundland triathlon (Carbonear 2012). Derek convinced me to do it...I'm pretty sure that's how I fell into triathlons - I remember swimming and biking with them and getting talked into it, and then I was hooked. This was a week before the wedding  - I was scared the permanent marker wouldn't come off my arms in time, lol. This is a picture of Kat and I coming out of the water (and Kristy is there too!)...we didn't even know each other then! Kat came in first overall for the females...she's so fast :) Exactly a year before we "officially" met later in 2013. 


I hope some of Kat's fierce-ness will rub off on me ;)


Not having a clue what I was getting myself info

The Carbonear Triathlon is one of my favourite events (even with the pot holes) - the volunteers are so sweet, the pond is decently warm and the social gathering afterwards at the awards ceremony is always fun! And they feed you :-)

- Sarah

1 comment: