Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Monday Monday

Daylight savings happen this weekend. By time Monday rolled around that one hour of sleep was well missed....
On Monday, in a text to Bobby, I asked what was for supper. Bobby replied with 

Ha. No way of getting out of the base training now. Team bobkat, Bobby is not letting me give in and he is keeping me on track. 

This winter, team bobkat and trimacsquared have been swimming at the Mews Centre, organized by Angry Dalty and coached by the incredible Nadine Rockwood. One word sums up the session with Coach Nadine, awesome. 

Swimming isn't exactly a natural activity for humans and therefore, there are many bad habits swimmers develop so having swim coach Nadine, is so good. She has been able to see these bad habits and trying to fix them. She has been helping us find the most efficient and technical way to battle the water elements to "faster" swimming.  I love it when she "picks" on me.

 I haven't done a lot of swimming this winter, just one, maybe two session a week if that. My other swim session is with Flatout Jim on Tuesday's. Both Jim and I have kind of fallen of the Tuesday swim wagon this winter but we are slowly getting back into it. So even though I've done little swimming this winter, I still feel  I've improved greatly just with coach Nadine's help. 

Mistake #1. Swimming Flat. 
Monday's session was about "rolling". We focused on rotation and body roll in freestyle swimming. The drills made me aware of hip rotation & shoulder rotation or lack of...but by the end of all the drills and incorporating it into swimming, I felt a big improvement. 

Mistake #2: Lower my legs more in the water 
Most people have trouble getting their legs up but I need to focus on getting my legs down. And let me tell you, it isn't easy as one might think!! But swim coach Nadine promises me it will make me swim faster. Im holding her to this promise ;) 

Mistake #3: trying to put on spandex pants after a swimming session, is near impossible! 
                              No joke.

We ended the day with a little run. Bobby ran outside and me, well, I'm done with winter, I want warm weather and sunshine so instead I went for a run in "Kona" aka furnace room on the treadmill. What can I say, I'm a dreamer ;) 

The best part of my day was a phone call from Trimacsquared, Sarah. It was so nice to hear her voice. 
A quote Sarah sent me, surround yourself with dreamers and doers, believers and thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see greatness within you, even when you don't see it yourself. 

                     -k@

No comments:

Post a Comment